Monday 16 September 2013

La Roche-Posay Astringent lotion micro exfoliant

The la Roche-posay Astringent lotion micro exfoliant (what a mouthful!) is basically an exfoliating toner which you use after cleansing your face. I have always been a manual scrub kind of girl, I really like the St Ives apricot scrub yet since watching Caroline Hirons on Body talk I've decided to cut manual exfoliation out of my routine and stick to chemical exfoliation, mainly because I noticed I was getting slightly broken skin by using scrubs a lot. When I say chemical exfoliation I mean that this product contains Salicylic acid and fruit Acids, I know that sounds scary and as if it might burn your face off but honestly It's fine It just eats away at dead skin cells and leaves you with baby smooth skin. I've had this product in my skincare stash for a while and only used it when I broke out as I find it helps clear everything up yet recently I have been using this every night as a part of my night time skincare routine and I can see a difference already. I've found that since using this product every night my pores have reduced in size and look clearer but the best thing I have experienced is that I have always suffered with under the skin bumps/spots and they always made my skin feel slightly bumpy to touch but now when I touch my face it's completely smooth and I haven't felt the need to use a scrub to deep clean my face and I feel that that is down to using this product! I only use this at night because I'm currently using the Loreal micellar soloution in the morning because it's a lot gentler and I'm more than happy with just using an exfoliating toner once a day. I would just like to point out that this is quite a harsh product In my opinion, It has left me looking a tiny bit red before and it contains perfume and alcohol (not exactly great) so it wouldn't be too good for sensitive skin types. Would I repurchase this? probably! I'm all about trying new products so I don't think this would be on my to-buy list when I need a new toner... one product that's similar to this, yet apparently better because it doesn't contain perfume or alcohol and I'm dying to try is the Pixi glow tonic, but I can't find anywhere to get a hold of it? that's definitely a product on my wishlist when this runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment