Tuesday 22 October 2013

Keeping your lips in tip top shape this A/W

The dreaded cold weather has finally hit us already which means one thing... dry skin! my lips get chapped and dry quite easily and it's not a pretty look,  so these are my autumn/winter lip care staples!

1. exfoliate! A lip scrub will help get rid of any flakey dry skin and leaves you with baby butt smooth lips... my favorite two lip scrubs are the lush bubble gum and mint julips which you can eat after you've scrubbed away... which is a bit weird when you think that you're eating your own skin. Gag.
I use a lip scrub every other day and I find that this gets rid of all the horrible flakiness which may occur!



2. Moisturise! During the day I like to use either Carmex or my EOS sweet mint lip balm, I own way too many lip balms that are stashed in various handbags and in my makeup draw. Carmex was the first lip balm I ever fell in love with and I always have to have one in my stash and handbag, I do find that all of the carmex lip balms have very strong scents to them which can be a bit over powering but I'm not one to complain about stuff like that. When my brother visited England from good ol' Canada he brought me 3 EOS lip balms and I'm still working my way through the sweet mint one which I use every day, I do have my eye on the blueberry and acai, and fresh watermelon (as part of a gift set) scents/flavours which are available on the selfridges website but I'm holding back for now as they're £6 or £24 for a pack of 4... I can't justify that price right now. At night I always use the Blistex intensive moisturiser on my lips, I would use this during the day but it leaves a white cast on your lips and it's not all that flattering to be honest, this is one of the best lip balms I have ever used, in fact it's a cream formula and not a balm...



3. Adding that little bit of summin' summin' that will spice up your look, be it a tinted lip balm like the carmex moisture plus in berry or the maybelline babylips in cherry me.
If you're feeling brave opt for a berry lip, my favorite is the Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipstick in 107 which is a gorgeous matte deep berry red. Sticking with the berry tone theme, if you're looking for a higher end lipstick which would be lovely for this A/w mac's plumful lipstick is one of my all time favorites, and let's not forget the Revlon just bitten kissable balm stain in crush, if you don't want to faff around with lipsticks and lip liners this is a long lasting matte lip crayon which is pretty fool proof at applying.



So those are my favorite a/w lip products which I couldn't live without, what're you lip care staples for the colder months?

No comments:

Post a Comment