Saturday 7 March 2015

Kiko clics eyeshadow palette (customisable palettes)

Kiko infinity eyeshadow - £5.90 (currently £2.70)
Kiko clics palettes - Varied/ 3 Clics £3.90 (currently £2.50)

I know I probably should have taken a picture of this palette before I used it but temptation got the better of me and I couldn't resist delving into it. The Kiko clics palettes are customisable palettes that fit the infinity eyeshadows, the palettes are available in one, three, four, nine and twenty four pan compartments and are sold separately to the eyeshadows. The eyeshadows are repositionable and once they're inserted into the palette they aren't permanently fixed there which I think is pretty dandy, especially if you had a large collection of the eyeshadows and wanted to take certain ones away travelling in a smaller palette.

I purchased the 3 pan palette and decided to choose a variety of warm toned eyeshadows, the shades I picked are 220 Metallic golden rose which is a light beige pink with a golden shimmer running through it, 211 Metallic copper which is a shimmery warm, red toned copper and 217 Satin ebony which is a medium matte brown shade. Metallic golden rose reminds me of a more amped up version of mac all that glitters eyeshadow which i'm running dangerously low on, so I thought I would check out Kiko as a cheaper alternative and it hasn't disappointed me. All of the eyeshadows are highly pigmented and buttery smooth to apply even the matte brown shade satin ebony, it's common in other brands of eyeshadow that a lot of matte shades are chalky and less pigmented but this shade is equal in quality in comparison to the other two shades I own.

The one gripe I have about these palettes is how bulky the packaging considering there's no mirror included, the lid has a satisfying clicking sound when it shuts (don't you just love it when packaging does that?) but the packaging would be so much more ideal if the lid was as slim as the base of the packaging.

Kiko currently has 52% off their eyeshadows so they have dropped from £5.90 each to just £2.80 which is a complete bargain in my opinion, I'm debating creating another palette because the eyeshadows are such high quality at a bargain price. Kiko also have 20% off until the 10th of March!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea, especially for if you travel a lot or work as an MUA and know you only need certain eye shadows with you. It's so reasonably priced as well, especially compared to a brand like MAC. I'd probably buy the 24 palettes and then the three/four palette and just pop in the shadows I want to take away with me when I go somewhere x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete