Choose a colour that's similar to your natural flushTo find your natural flush colour just pinch your cheeks slightly until you see your natural flush come through, if you choose a colour that's way-off your natural flush colour then it won't look convincing. this will also be the colour that's most flattering against your skin tone as it will look natural.
Where to apply your blushApplying blush too close to your nose can make it look very unnatural as blush doesn't tend to appear near the centre of the face, lay two fingers next to your nose and where your fingers end is where your blush should start.
- heart-shaped faces - Apply beneath the apples of your cheeks and blend lightly towards your hairline.
- Round faces - Apply blush to your cheekbones and blend upwards towards your temple, this gives the appearance of a slimmer face.
- Square faces - Apply blush across your cheeks towards the hairline.
- Long faces - Only apply blush just below the apples of your cheeks and leave it as it is. don't blend towards the hairline or towards the temple.
- Oval faces - Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks, make sure it's well blended around the edges to avoid harsh lines.
Don't go too heavy
Applying too much blush can result in it looking unnatural and you resembling a clown, it's not a good look so make sure you use a light hand and use a brush that doesn't pick up too much product, my favourite is the real techniques stippling brush as it picks up little products and blends beautifully.