Sunday 25 May 2014

The Burning short film (makeup)












(All photos in this post are my own)

If you follow me on twitter, then you probably would have already seen that I was given the chance to work on another short film called 'The Burning' Which is a costume drama set in 1588. Myself and two other girls were given the task of making the actors look sun worn, aged and dirty from years of working in the fields. Sadly, because of work and other commitments I was only able to attend one of the days but it was a great experience going out on location and working on another film. the film was shot in the Weald and Downland open air museum which is absolutely gorgeous and fascinating to look around as it's built to demonstrate 'rural living' in the 1500's and 1600's, you're able to look around the interiors of the homes and go upstairs and look at the bedrooms etc. This was the 4th short film I have had the opurtunity to do make-up on and have been given another opportunity on another short film in the near future, it's all very exciting and I have self-taught myself what I know but I'm still learning, so being able to go on set and learning whilst working is both fascinating and exciting for me. I can't wait to see the finished film.

No comments:

Post a Comment